HOME > Information of countries > China
The relocation information : China
In China, if you are an immigrant, study abroad, or have a work visa, you can send
your belongings within a year from the date of receiving the visa, and there are some
differences in customs procedures depending on the type of visa and location.
Custom Information
Usually, if you live in China for more than a year, you will receive a Resident Permit at the China Export Immigration Office. It is better and safe to send your belongings based on the schedule of receiving RP as you cannot clear the customs of your personal belongings without the resident permit. It is unable to clear the customs with Temporary resident permit either. Inspection process (Kwanbong): Customs office requires your company to declare the import of its household goods and obtain a permit, which is called Kwanbong". If you cannot get the inspection process, it is hard to clear the customs clearance of your household goods. Inspection process should be handed over to the local office for smooth import clearance. Depending on the entry port and customs, the details of inspection process, time required customs attendance will be different. Please consult with the person in charge before conducting the process.
Required documents
Copy of passport
Packing lists
C3 form
The original of Resident Permit (It can be replaced with the
Certificate of Diplomat for diplomat)
According to the customs law of China, the shipper himself should attend for the custom clearance but some regions do not require the shipper to be present so please consult with the person in charge of more details. For customs clearance, you will need the original passport, visa (resident worker's visa, student visa, etc.), and the original reservation certificate (the diplomat can substitute with the certificate of foreign ministry).
Shipping Schedule
Once the ship arrives at the port of destination country, the customs procedures shall be taken after unloading the container.
Customs clearance is based on document screening in other areas except Qingdao and Shanghai, and when all documents are complete, the customs clearance takes about one to ten days. As in any country, Chinese customs may select containers at random to check whether the actual container matches the paperwork, and this could cause delays in customs clearance. Once the customs clearance is complete, we will discuss the delivery schedule with the customer's contact information before we proceed with the delivery. China is a large area, so even in China, the date of delivery varies slightly depending on the region. Average amount of time it takes to travel to and from major cities is as follows.
  Beijing, Tianjin Shanghai Qingdao Guangzhou
Total Estimated Period 18~24 Days 18~24 Days 22~27 Days 30~40 Days
** The schedule above may be changed according to natural disasters, prehistory and customs clearance.
Carry-in ban and significant items
Carry-in Prohibited products
Accepted household goods brought into China are personal goods, furniture and other living items that have been passed 6 to 12 months as used by an individual or family. (Used personal effects and hosted goods)
Alcoholic Drink
Satellite Antenna Receiver
New item
Disturbing books
A big quantity of medicine, drugs
Cultural property
Items prohibited by government
Satellite antenna receivers are not allowed across China.
Items that may be recognized as new products may be prohibited from being brought in by customs authorities, such as electronic products and home appliances. For new products, make sure to remove the packaging and leave traces of usage. For Qingdao, Yeontae, etc., the piano (both general and grand piano), for Shanghai grand piano, for Dalian the grand piano, golf club, and bi-door refrigerators are prohibited from importing personal household goods. (The golf club is recommended for hand carry.) Undried beans cannot be brought in as seeds.
Carry-in significant item
Please note that the high tariff of 30,000/1 bottle (based on 1 bottle of soju) applies to alcohol.
f a large number of moving parts carry the same product (samples with them), it is considered a Commercial and a high tariff is imposed. (Detergent, shampoo, and milk powder may be seized if you bring a large quantity)
Grains, canned goods, powdered milk, ham, sausage, and kimchi are not allowed.
As it may be colder not only in the North but also in the South, it is advisable to prepare blankets, electric mat.
Information of Voltage
220V 50Hz
PAL method, unable to use Korean TV (NTSC method)
ZONE3 (*Korea ZONE3)